The Nonprofit Blog Exchange has now been around for 10 years! It started off as virtual events connecting nonprofit bloggers with each other and a place to see links to nonprofit blogs. Now it is known as a source for news in nonprofit technology with the roundups.
To celebrate 10 years, I will be making some changes to continue the success of this blog/project.
Here are some of the changes that will be made:
1) I am officially announcing that the virtual events are now over due to the lack of interest. Social media has now allowed bloggers to connect with each other better and there is no need for this.
2) The Nonprofit Blog Exchange will be the place to see links to nonprofit blogs. You don’t need to sign-up to be listed anymore. I will be looking for blogs to add to the list. There will still be a form though to add your nonprofit blog if it is not linked yet. The same rules will still be applied for me to add the blog to the list. If you are currently listed, it will be noted on the list that you were part of the original list.
3) Roundups will no longer include blogs for nonprofit organizations. According to my stats, it seems like my readers would rather read links to blog entries about nonprofits. The end of year roundups will still include organizations as those are always interesting to read.
4) One of my goals of the exchange was to increase awareness of nonprofit organization blogs. This goal has not been reached yet. Each month I will pick a theme and write a post that links to blogs for nonprofit organizations.
5) I will begin putting together reports about nonprofit blogging. I already mentioned about the report about nonprofit organization blogs in my last post. There will be 2 reports related to blogs for organizations. The first one will be from a reader perspective and the second will be from organizations filling out information. The other report will be about blogs about nonprofits – what topics people write about related to nonprofits, how they are promoting blog, and other related info.
6) I will begin putting together a summary of nptech yearly trends based on blog entries linked in the roundups about nonprofits. I have already begun looking at my data and it is very interesting to see how nptech has changed throughout the years. Analysis of this data for the first ten years (or whenever it was I started collecting this data) will be posted in early 2016. Then each year I will posting this information.
7) I will be adding a section with links to blog entries about topics in nptech.
More information will be posted as I add these new ideas.
Tweet me at @np_blogexchange with any comments, questions, or blog additions.
Changes are being made to the Nonprofit Blog Exchange within the next few months.
One of my new ideas for the blog is to start a report about nonprofit organization blogs. Before going into the effort of putting this together, I was wondering if there is any interest.
The first step in this process is to see what the interest is and to gather a list of organization blogs to include in the report. If you would like your organization included, please fill out the form at http://goo.gl/forms/ywrjDxvg4v
Please spread the word!
How 10 Nonprofit Brands Roll on Twitter (A New Marketing Commentator)
5 Super Solid Ways To Engage Your Supporters Online (PLUS 28 Affordable Tools to Help You Do It) (Kivi’s Nonprofit Communications Blog)
Make ONE—and Only ONE—Call to Action (Case Study) (The Non-Profit Marketing Blog)
Why Fundraising Events Are About More Than Money (Engaging Volunteers)
10 Tips for Rocking Your Event Social Media (Event Fundraising Blog)
Making the Most of Feedback – Event Survey Results (Event Fundraising Blog)
5 Steps to Easy Online Donations (Double the Donation)
10 Non-profit Fundraising Lessons From My Garden (Get Fully Funded Blog)
13 Ways to use Stories to Raise More Money (The Storytelling Non-Profit)
Using Data to Drive Donations: key findings from our work with DataKind (GlobalGiving Blog)
Finding the Usual Suspects in your Database (npENGAGE)
7 Ideas to Maximize Your Nonprofit Conference Experience (Get Fully Funded Blog)
Get Noticed in an Instant With a Visual Story (Ann Green’s Nonprofit Blog)
Why You Need to Tell Your Stories (Ann Green’s Nonprofit Blog)
Helping board members tell their nonprofit story (FundraisingCoach.com)
Design and Photos
Event 360 Partner Spotlight: Gameface Media – Five Tips for Awesome Event Photography (Event Fundraising Blog)
Websites and Blogs
6 Mistakes Associations Make with Their Websites (Wild Apricot)
Six things to consider when your website goes down (Event Fundraising Blog)
Blogging Checklist: Take Your Blog Posts From OK to Spectacular (The PR Toolkit for Nonprofits)
More Nonprofits are Reaching Fundraising Goals – 3 Reasons Why (Fundraising Pulse)
Five CRM Mistakes Nonprofits Should Avoid (Idealware)
What Can Our Past Tell Us About Our Future? (npENGAGE)
10 Actions to Take This Summer to Increase Donor Retention (“With”isms from Lori)
Turning Waste into Beautiful Art (TechSoup)
Nonprofit Stories and News
Small Library — Big Service to the Community (TechSoup)
Photo of the Week: The Return of the #BaySelfie (Chesapeake Bay Foundation Blog)
Photo of the Week: And the Winners Are . . . (Chesapeake Bay Foundation Blog)
It’s Cheerful Givers Day! (Cheerful Givers)
4 Non-negotiable Rules For Asking For Donations Online (Fundraising Pulse)
Are your non-profit donors confused by the things you share? (Get Fully Funded Blog)
9 Things To Do After A Donor Donates (frogloop)
What Makes a Great Donor Newsletter? (Ann Green’s Nonprofit Blog)
The Special Sauce: It’s Not Just for Campaigns Anymore (The Collins Group Blog)
Are You Taking Your Donors on a Journey? (PhilanTopic)
Steer Clear of Generic (Ann Green’s Nonprofit Blog)
Using Powerful Stories to Stand Out From the Crowd (“With”isms from Lori)
Storytelling tools and resources for nonprofit communicators (Christine Sculati’s Blog)
A new way to share #LifesMoments and milestones (Easter Seals Blog)
5 Social Media Lessons for Nonprofits (See What’s Out There)
The 3 Keys to Social Media Success (J Campbell Social Marketing)
Measuring the Impact of Your Nonprofit Program (Beth’s Blog)
Seven Ways to Raise Your Event Satisfaction Results (Event Fundraising Blog)
Event Participant Profiles (Event Fundraising Blog)
5 Ways to Motivate Your Nonprofit’s Volunteers (Engaging Volunteers)
[Infographic] 10 Traits That Make Nonprofits Great (PhilanTopic)
When Data Gets Personal (Idealware)
Eye Candy: Cherry Blossoms are Starting to Pop! (Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden)
Teaching Children About Africa Through Read to Feed (Heifer Blog)
Ranchers, Grizzly Bears and the North Cascades (Video) (Scat! Conservation Northwest’s Blog)